Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 large Hollywood Fries potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray (for greasing)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and place a large baking sheet in the oven while it heats up. This will help crisp up your potato wedges.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt. You can peel them if you prefer, but leaving the skin on adds a nice texture. Cut each potato into wedges by halving them lengthwise, then cutting each half into 2-3 wedges, depending on the size of the potato. Try to make the wedges as even in size as possible for even cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Add the potato wedges to the bowl and toss them until they are well coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and lightly grease it with cooking spray. This will help prevent sticking and promote crispiness.
- Arrange the seasoned potato wedges on the hot baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they are not overcrowded. Crowding them may cause them to steam instead of getting crispy.
- Place the baking sheet with the potato wedges into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully flip each wedge to ensure even cooking. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the potato wedges are golden brown and crispy on the outside. The total baking time may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the wedges.
- Once the potato wedges are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a minute or two before serving. You can garnish them with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or grated Parmesan cheese if desired.