Air Fryer French Fries
- 4 large Hollywood Fries potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Cooking spray (optional, for the air fryer basket)
- Wash and peel the Hollywood Fries potatoes. Cut them into thin, even-sized strips to resemble traditional french fries. Make sure the fries are uniform in size to ensure even cooking.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 10 minutes. This will help remove excess starch and make the fries crispy.
- While the potatoes are soaking, preheat your air fryer to 380°F (193°C) for 5 minutes.
- After soaking, drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. This step is crucial to prevent excess moisture, which can hinder crisping.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a seasoned oil mixture.
- Place the dried potato strips in a clean, dry bowl, and then drizzle the seasoned oil mixture over them. Toss the potatoes to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- If desired, lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking, although this step is optional.
- Spread the seasoned Hollywood Fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Be sure not to overcrowd the basket; you may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Cook the fries in the preheated air fryer at 380°F (193°C) for 15-20 minutes. Remember to shake the basket or flip the fries halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Keep an eye on the fries towards the end of the cooking time, as cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model. They should be golden brown and crispy when done.
- Once the Hollywood Fries are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving plate lined with paper towels to blot any excess oil.
- Serve your homemade Hollywood Fries hot, optionally with ketchup, mayo, or your favorite dipping sauces.